Vauxhall's new generation Vivaro has gone into production at their plant in Luton. The vehicle is available to order from February with deliveries commencing in summer. The medium sized van, rivalling the Ford Transit Custom, is based on a state-of-the-art platform and available in two lengths (4.95m and 5.30m). Body styles include panel van, a doublecab for up to six occupants and a platform chassis. The vehicle will offer a payload up to 1,400kg, 6.6m3 cargo capacity and 2,500kg towing capacity.
The third incarnation of the Vivaro will be diesel only until 2020, when an all-electric version will be added to the range.
Technology advances in the new model include, a head-up display, a new traction control system, lane-keeping assist, traffic sign recognition, adaptive cruise control, a driver drowsiness alert, forward collision assist and automatic emergency braking that will avoid or reduce the impact of an accident. Optional upgrades include sliding doors (operated by kicking your foot under the van’s sills), a seven-inch infotainment system, parking sensors, a rear-view camera and work-site set-up with higher ground clearance and underbody protection.
The new version Vivaro is smaller than the one it is replacing so should be cheaper to run. It shares the Dispatch and Expert's efficient range of 1.6 and 2.0 turbodiesel engines and advertised fuel economy for all versions will exceed 50mpg. Its Euro6 emission status makes it exempt from urban pollution charging zones.
Vauxhall is the UK’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturer with over one million Vivaro type vans built since production began in 2001. The new Vivaro will help to secure 1,250 jobs at its manufacturing plant in Luton.
“As a British brand since 1903 and the UK’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturer, we’re delighted to reveal the all-new Luton-built Vivaro,” said Derek Wilson, Vauxhall’s LCV Director. “Practical, comfortable, economical and packed with all latest driver assistance and connectivity technology, the all-new Vivaro is the vehicle that sits at the heart of our commercial vehicle range.”
The new Vauxhall Vivaro will be showcased at the NEC CV Show in Birmingham on 30 April 2019 and will be available in three trim levels: Edition, Sportive and Elite.
- Electronic Stability Programme
- Traction Control
- Hill Start Assist
- ABS with electronic brake force distribution
- Digital radio/AM/FM stereo radio with Bluetooth connectivity
- Remote Control Door Locking with Deadlocks
- Selective Door Locking (allows cabin and load area to be locked separately)
- Electric Windows (One-Touch)
- Electrically operated and heated door mirrors
- 12V Socket with USB
- Daytime Running Lights
- Full Size Spare Wheel
- Dual Side Sliding Door
- Driver and Passenger Airbags
- Cruise Control
- 16-Inch Steel Wheels
- Multimedia with 7”Touch Screen, DAB, HiFi Surround Sound, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
- Air Conditioning
- Rear Parking Sensors
- FlexCargo load through bulkhead
- Six Way Adjustable Driver’s Seat with centre armrest
- Bench Dual-Passenger Seat with Foldflat Centre
- Body Coloured Front and Rear Bumpers
- Metallic Paint
- Front Fog Lamps
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Driver Drowsiness Alert
- Body-coloured door mirrors, door handles and side body mouldings
- Acoustic Windscreen
- Thickened Side Glazing
- 16-Inch Steel Wheels with full-diameter wheels trims
- Two-Coat Metallic Paint
- Multimedia with 7” Touch Screen, DAB, USB, Smartphone Projection, HiFi Surround Sound and Connected 3D NAVI
- 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Electrically folding door mirrors
- Lane Departure Warning
- Speed Limit Recognition
- Intelligent Speed Adaptation enables you to maintain a constant speed – making it ideal for economical motorway driving.
- Driver Attention Alert Level Three
- High Beam Assist
- Side Blind Spot Alert